Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen


Happy Easter!  I have always loved Easter and the special spirit it brings as we remember the atonement, death and most importantly the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that this year, thoughts of the resurrection bring more hope to all of us as we think about a happy reunion with our David someday.  I am so grateful to know that because Christ died and was resurrected for us, we shall all live again.  I know that our Savior made it possible for our family to be together forever.

From President Thomas S. Monson:
“Our Savior lived again. The most glorious, comforting, and reassuring of all events of human history had taken place—the victory over death. The pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary had been wiped away. The salvation of mankind had been secured. The Fall of Adam had been reclaimed.
“The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job’s question, ‘If a man die, shall he live again?’ To all within the sound of my voice, I declare, If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. …
“My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.’”4''

“We laugh, we cry, we work, we play, we love, we live. And then we die. …
“And dead we would remain but for one Man and His mission, even Jesus of Nazareth. …
“With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again.”5

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful Morning it is. It has been a long winter for all of us. There is hope in my heart this morning as I see the blue sky and sunshine, the green grass emerging, the tulips pushing their little heads through the dirt and the popcorn starting to pop on the trees. I have a new happiness in my heart as I realize the amaziong things I have in my life - all because of the Savior! Thank you so much Jesus and Heavenly Father. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good Easter. I'm glad to have had my testimony of the resurrection strengthened this year. I miss you David - may you be with us always.

    ReplyDelete