Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

True Love

Blooms when we care more about another person than we care about ourselves. That is Christ's 
great atoning example for us, and it ought to be more evident in the kindness we show, the respect 
we give, and the selflessness and courtesy we employ in our personal relationships.

- Jeffrey R. Holland -


 It's been a long time since i wrote here. So many things in my life have change and keep changing. Yesterday i was looking at some pictures on my computer and i saw some videos of Dave and when i think i am ready to watch them as soon as i see Dave or listen to his voice tears start coming. Two days ago i was feeling sad, my son was crying because he misses Papa and there is nothing worse than see my kid crying for his dad. We decided to go to visit Papa Dave at the Cemetery and we got there and my Josh just collapse on the grass and said: Papa why are you there? My body just went through an enormous pain and i try to explain one more time to Josh about Papa and i just couldn't, i couldn't talk and i looked at the sky and pleaded to Dave, please sweetie help me, you know i can't do this alone, i need you. Please help our boy to feel you close and make him happy. Two minutes later a beautiful Ladybug landed on Josh's hand... Could it be possible that Dave send that ladybug to make my son happy?. I believe Dave was there and as much as i know my husband i image him suffering as much as me by watching his baby crying for him and not being able to hug him. A few minutes past and Josh and Jasmine were running around the cemetery and as i was watching them i thank my Heavenly Father for those beautiful kids he gave us. 
     My testimony about the gospel has changed so much in the last 8 months. Every time we are confronted with challenges and for a second we doubt, we have to hang on the thinks we know are true, i believe we have all been created for greater things than we can comprehend and for some reason he send me this challenge and i also believe he knows i am strong to get through it. I know for my own experience how hard it is to fight the dark path when you are tested and satan is there to also tell you to hate our Heavenly Father, i know the battle and i know the way to end it. I know praying is the only way we can communicate with God and also with our loved ones. I am so grateful for the Melquizedec Priesthood in my life and for all the wonderful blessings i have got from it and for the ones i will have in the future. I want to write the words of Stephanie Nielson the girl who survived a plane crash and her words are the same i feel: There are moments in my life when my spirit taps my heart to reminder me why i am here. Today i had more of those taping moments and it was in the hug and kiss that my baby girl gave me, in the hug i got this morning from my boys before they went to school and it was in the kiss that my husband Wes gave to also reminder me how much he loves me and i love him.
 I believe some day i will see my husband Dave again and everyday that pass is one more for me and the kids to be closer to him. The Lord has promised :

  "I will go before your face, i will be on your right hand and on your left, my spirit shall be in your hearts and mine angels around you to bear you up. That is an everlasting declaration of God's love and care for us including and perhaps in time of trouble."




3 comments:

  1. Have you been reading that book we bought? I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your testimony Cris. I know David is close to you and your two beautiful kids. He is helping them in ways that he can. Love you!

    ReplyDelete