Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

A Christ Centered Easter, Day 2 - Monday

Day 2 - Monday
Focus: Jesus Cleanses the Temple



Songs:


  1. 1. I believe in Christ; he is my King!
    With all my heart to him I'll sing;
    I'll raise my voice in praise and joy,
    In grand amens my tongue employ.
    I believe in Christ; he is God's Son.
    On earth to dwell his soul did come.
    He healed the sick; the dead he raised.
    Good works were his; his name be praised.
  2. 2. I believe in Christ; oh blessed name!
    As Mary's Son he came to reign
    'Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,
    To save them from the woes of sin.
    I believe in Christ, who marked the path,
    Who did gain all his Father hath,
    Who said to men: "Come, follow me,
    That ye, my friends, with God may be."
  3. 3. I believe in Christ--my Lord, my God!
    My feet he plants on gospel sod.
    I'll worship him with all my might;
    He is the source of truth and light.
    I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.
    From Satan's grasp he sets me free,
    And I shall live with joy and love
    In his eternal courts above.
  4. 4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
    From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
    And while I strive through grief and pain,
    His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
    I believe in Christ; so come what may,
    With him I'll stand in that great day
    When on this earth he comes again
    To rule among the sons of men.
  5. Text: Bruce R. McConkie, 1915-1985. (c) 1972 IRI
    Music: John Longhurst, b. 1940. (c) 1985 IRI


1. Fair is the sunshine,Fairer the moonlightAnd all the stars in heav'n above;Jesus shines brighter,Jesus shines purerAnd brings to all the world his love.

  1. 2. Fair are the meadows,
    Fairer the woodlands,
    Robed in the flowers of blooming spring;
    Jesus is fairer,
    Jesus is purer.
    He makes the sorrowing spirit sing.
  2. 3. Beautiful Savior!
    Lord of the nations!
    Son of God and Son of Man!
    Thee will I honor, praise, and give glory,
    Give praise and glory evermore!
    Evermore!
  3. Words: Anon., twelfth century
    Music: Silesian folk song, arr. by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI
Pictures: 



Scriptures: Mark 11:15-19

15 ¶And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
 16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
 17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
 18 And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might adestroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
 19 And when even was come, he went out of the city.


Discussions:

  • Discuss the progression of the temple cleansing as it applies to our own lives: purging, learning, receiving blessings (healing), praising. (Cleansing the Inner Vessel)
  • Given Jesus’ action in the temple, discuss how he would feel in your own family’s home. How might he cleanse it? As a family, choose one way to purify your home and make that your goal for the week.
  • Name, list, and discuss some of Jesus’ character traits (obedient, forgiving, kind, compassionate, humble, patient, selfless, courageous, etc…) Choose one to work on as a family during the week.
  • See Reflections on the Savior's Last Week for section on The Cleansing of the Temple.
  • Other resources as needed for children (all from The Friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment