Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Christ Centered Easter, Day 3 - Tuesday

Day 3 - Tuesday
Focus: The Teachings of Jesus



Songs: 

  1. As I have loved you,
    Love one another.
    This new commandment:
    Love one another.
    By this shall men know
    Ye are my disciples,
    If ye have love
    One to another.
  2. Text and music: Luacine Clark Fox, 1914-2002, arr. (c) 

  1. 1. I'm trying to be like Jesus;
    I'm following in his ways.
    I'm trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
    At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
    But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
  2. 2. I'm trying to love my neighbor;
    I'm learning to serve my friends.
    I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
    I try to remember the lessons he taught.
    Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
  3. Chorus
    "Love one another as Jesus loves you.
    Try to show kindness in all that you do.
    Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
    For these are the things Jesus taught."
  4. Words and music: Janice Kapp Perry, b. 1938
    (c) 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry.
Pictures:




Scriptures:

Videos: 
(video's with asterisk* indicate the older illustrated videos with narration)

Discussions
  • Discuss the definition of the word Parable and why Jesus used parables as a teaching method. (see Jesus The Christ, chapter 19 for section on Christ’s Purpose in Using Parables)

  • Select some favorite Parables of Jesus to discuss the teachings and meanings.
    • The Two Sons
    • The Good Samaritan
    • The Prodigal Son
    • The Widow’s Mite
    • The Entrusted Talents
    • The Ten Virgins
  • Other resources as needed for children (all from The Friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment