Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

A Christ Centered Easter, Day 6 - Friday

Day 6 - Friday
Focus: Jesus’ Trial, Crucifixion, and Burial



Songs: 


  1. 1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
    Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
    I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
    That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
  2. (Chorus)
    Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
    Enough to die for me!
    Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
  3. 2. I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
    To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
    That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
    Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
  4. 3. I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
    Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
    No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
    Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
  5. Duet
    Harmony
  6. Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856-1932


  1. How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
    He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness.
    How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
    He sent his Son to walk with men on earth, that we may know.
    How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
    He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath.
    What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
    Have faith, have hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
    What does he ask? Live like his Son.
  2. Words: Mabel Jones Gabbott,1910-2004
    Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941
    (c) 1982 by Mabel Jones Gabbott and Michael Finlinson Moody. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI.
Pictures:






Scriptures:


Videos: 








Discussions

  • Discuss various aspects of Christ’s suffering:
    • Did Jesus fully understand what he was required to do?
    • What did Jesus mean when he said “Nevertheless, not as I will but as thou wilt”?
    • What is the equivalent of that submission in our own lives?
  • See Reflections on the Savior's Last Week for section on Betrayal, Judgement, and Abuse and also The Death of the Lamb of God.
  • What was happening on the other side of the world when Christ was crucified? (See 3 Nephi 8:5-23)
  • Other resources as needed for children (all from The Friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment