Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I got a hug

I got a hug from David this morning. Just going about my business, and my thoughts suddenly (and i mean suddenly) popped over to him. Without hesitating I said to him "i miss you", he told me he missed me too but was happy to be with me now. I told him I wished I could give him a hug and I felt he was feeling the same way. But instead of shaking the feeling away and getting sad over it, I imagined the two of us hugging and looking at each other with such love. Then he was gone.

As I kept walking, I just knew he was so proud of me - of everyone! He wanted me to know that he is with us so often still. Do you ever have moments like that? Maybe not even with David, perhaps someone else - or even our Savior. If you do, do you write them down? Perhaps we should :) What a special journal that would be if we quickly wrote down those "tender mercies" where we feel someone from the other side near us to comfort us or guide us.

Keep working on your David Tributes - we've been hearing about some exciting and interesting goals. It will be so great to hear your reports about what you've done and learned.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much. Thank you for sharing Liz, I agree that David is often nearer than we think.

    ReplyDelete