Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

from Aunt Ann

three long months today....I wish I had something profound or uplifting to share, I really don't, so instead I'll share an email we got from our dear Aunt Ann this morning:

I've just spent the last 2 hours reading, listening and crying through David's blog. You all write so beautifully about your thoughts and memories and daily struggles with David's loss, which has changed all of our lives forever.

There are so many things that I remember about David:
*The way he would cuddle and pat my back when I held him when he was a toddler.
*When he would come stay at my house on 13th East as a little boy - always wanting to know the hows and whys of everything.
*Sitting next to him on the plane returning from his mission when he admitted a little anxiety about how to greet the "old girlfriend".
*Whenever I hear "Free Falling" on the radio, I smile as I remember the Christmas Eve party where he played and sang three verses, and wanted to know if we wanted to hear more.


*And lastly, I'm am so grateful for the Sunday dinner he and Cris invited us to last fall when we toured the house, apartment, backyard and watched old videos - what a treasured memory!


Thank you for sharing and baring your souls. The blessing of such a wonderful and close family is the strength and comfort shared, but it makes the hole even more painful.
I love you all,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment