Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday of Eternity Grandma Bodell

Grandma looking at Grandpa's picture while he was away at war.


Grandpa looking at Grandma the day before she passed.

"The nearer I approach the end, the clearer I hear around me the immortal symphonies of the worlds which invite me. It is marvelous yet simple. For half a century I have been writing my thoughts in prose, verse, history, drama, romance, tradition, satire, ode and song - I have tried all; but I feel that I have not said a thousandth part of that which is in me. When I go down to the grave I can say like many others, "I have finished my day's work," but I cannot say "I have finished my life's work"; my day's work will begin the next morning. The tomb is not a blind alley. It is an open thoroughfare. It closes in the twilight to open in the dawn. My work is only beginning; my work is hardly above its foundation. I would gladly see it mounting forever. The thirst for the infinite proves infinity."
~Victor Hugo

Grandma Bodell is now attending her party in Paradise. She is the baby of the family, and finally after 99 years, their family is together again. She gets to finally meet the older sister she never knew and be reunited with the brother whom she looked up to but lost at an early age. I'm sure she was so happy to finally hug her sweet mother again and have her daddy's big arms wrap around her - something she has missed for so long! 

We will miss her on this earth, but are glad she is free from her earthly body. I know David was there to greet her and help show her the things he has learned already. Hopefully she will deliver our messages to him and let him know how much we love him and miss him too. May we all look forward to a similar sweet reunion with our families when our time comes.

Happy Birthday of Eternity Grandma!




1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love you Grandma and Grandpa Bodell! Thanks for your example to me! :)

    ReplyDelete