Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

To Josh and Jasmine

This is a letter from Amber (who knew David well in his high school years) to the kids. She is a convert to the church and was baptized while friends with David. She wrote this to help Josh and Jasmine learn more about their dad when they get older.

 Josh and Jasmine-

 Your dad is one of the most amazing people I have ever had the privilege to know. He taught me so much and was so important to me and my life. He will forever have a special place in my heart. Your dad taught me about the gospel of Jesus Christ – he helped me in a time when all I could see was darkness. He showed the light of hope that comes from knowing the Savior. He changed my life, he helped me find my testimony. I was the first person he baptized, and I will be forever grateful to him for not being afraid to share his amazing testimony with me.

Your dad has the biggest heart. He loved everyone, and showed it in a million ways. By always being there to talk to, by lending a helping hand even if it wasn’t easy, by befriending those whom everyone else didn’t see In high school it is easy to get wrapped up in all of your own personal problems and drama, but Dave was never thinking about himself. He always thought of others. He knew that sometimes everyone feels like they are just a lost face in a sea of many, but he made it his goal to know as many names of the people in the school as he could so that when he walked down the hall he could smile and say hi to everyone. Just the simple act of someone saying hi and knowing your name can brighten your entire day.

He always went out of his way to find those who didn’t quite fit in, and were always left out, and he made them know that he cared and would be their friend. He taught me so much in this aspect. He taught me to not be afraid to approach people I don’t know, and to treat everyone as a friend. He taught me how to see the needs of others and how to meet them. It always amazed me how willing he was to serve others, especially when it was hard or inconvenient. He served others, and he did it in such an amazing way that made each person feel so special and loved. He didn’t serve out of obligation but pure love of others. Can’t you imagine Jesus being the same way?

He loved his family so much. There isn’t anything he would not do for any member of his family. There is a bond and love there that is so strong. – it is so rare to find another like it. You are so lucky to be in this family. It is eternal. It is powerful. It is made up entirely of love. You are also so lucky to have a mom who has such strong faith and an amazing testimony. She will be your rock on earth. Your dad will be your anchor in heaven. You have the most amazing aunts and uncles – who allowed me to join their family when I needed it most. They are so loving and caring, and they will always take care of you.

Your dad had the zaniest sense of humor. He loved to make everyone laugh with his goofy antics and great laugh. I think this was one of his many gifts in helping others feel comfortable. Your dad was so smart and always worked so hard to learn more. He had such ambition and always set goals, large and small, which he always strived to meet. He would never be satisfied with his work unless he knew that he had done his very best. He didn’t know how to be lazy. He loved to learn.

Heavenly Father is so proud of your dad, and had some very important work for him to do in heaven. You must know that it has to be so ultra important, because He took him so early in his life and took him from you. But even though your dad isn’t here on earth, he will be with you everyday of your life – loving you and guiding you. He wants you to be happy and to love this life and all the people in it, as he did. Remember to lean on your Heavenly Father, trust in the Holy Ghost, love like your Savior and know that all of your prayers are heard. Your dad is listening too.

He loves you. Your mom loves you. Jesus loves you. Your dad was deeply loved by so many, and all of those who loved him love you too. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

 Love, a friend of your dad’s,
Amber Judkins Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment