Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

My brother and Friend David . . .from Noe


My brother and Friend David,

It’s been a long time since last time I saw David. It is still hard to face the fact that he is gone and it still hurts but we’re getting through.

I have some memories about Dave. One of those is when he started visiting my sister. I remember I just wanted him out of my house because I had such a strong protection feeling towards my sister. With time I started to accept him as Cristina’s boyfriend and it was one of the best things I've ever made. He did everything he could to have his wife and family happy.

I remember once that he was here in Mexico, we were staying at a friend’s house and we used to sleep in the same room. Then Alex arrived and we were three in the same room. We had a fan with no cover in it. One night I was looking for something on the floor and accidentally my butts crashed with the fan; it really hurt, anyway. I never accepted that it was me. I used to say that it was David or Alex. Now, I confess, it was me. He made a drawing about that day but unfortunately I don’t have it.

I miss his ideas that he used to call in Spanish “Aventuras”. He always had something to do, no matter what, it was always fun; going from playing Age of Empires or playing the guitar but we never got bored. When he got married and by the time my sister was here and he wasn’t everything seemed different (trying not to mean boring) and there was no fun.He helped me a lot and he never let me down. No matter what people had made to him he always had such a beautiful feeling of love for others. He taught me a lot of things such as helping others without expecting something from them.

Last time he was here in Mexico he asked me to go to a place and sing in front of people, which I didn’t accept. I didn’t accept because people would look at us as crazy or weird. Then I realized the there are some things that we don’t do just because we feel ashamed, but Dave never did it.

Josh and Jasmine, your dad was an extraordinary person and you should be proud of him. Thanks to him I finished school and now I have a good job, which was one of the things he did for me. I hope I have the opportunity to tell you this face to face. I know that your dad will always watch over you and as he did here, he won’t let you down, so, be proud of him and remember him the way he was, an extraordinary friend, husband, son, uncle, brother and father.

Love NoƩ






3 comments:

  1. I love reading more about David's family in Mexico. I know he loves you so much. Thank you for sharing with us Noe, I hope to meet you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ”Then I realized the there are some things that we don’t do just because we feel ashamed, but Dave never did it.” So so so so very true. This is how I sometimes get through my days! Thank you Noe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ”Then I realized the there are some things that we don’t do just because we feel ashamed, but Dave never did it.” So so so so very true. This is how I sometimes get through my days! Thank you Noe.

    ReplyDelete