Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

To David . . . from Tiffany


David, not a day has passed this past year that I haven't thought about you. I think we all have thought about you everyday since your passing. There are a few things that I think about everyday. The first thing that pops through my head is what an amazing life you lead. You were such a great Christlike example of how we should all live on this earth. Then I would think of your sweet 2 wondeful children and your sweet wife and I think about how their life is going to be like without you in it. I hope and pray each day that Jazzy and Joshy will always remember you and hear stories about what a wonderful son of God you were. Then I always think about how I can't believe that you are gone. I can't believe you are not here on this earth with us. I think that is why it took me so long to write this write up for Julia and your sisters. I felt like if I actually did it, it really meant you were gone. But I know that we will see you again someday. I know that you were called up to heaven for a specific reason, and that our Heavenly Father needed you for a higher calling up there. You are an amazing addition to our Father's army in heaven. Thank you for always, past and future, being the perfect Christ like example. Thank you for teaching me the true meaning of what "Eternal Families" mean. I gained a deep testimony for it the week of your passing, and it means so much more to me now than it ever has. I love you so much David. Till we meet again.
Love, Tiff 
My service to David this year is similar to many others. I started running again, but this time, a lot, and for a goal and a cause. I started training for a 10k back in september. I ran a 5 k on October 20th, and then a 10k on November 3rd. I crossed the finish line for the 10k at a time of 1:07. I couldn't belive it! I was training, and was doing 12.5 minute miles. This was 7.5 miles per hour under! I crossed that finish line and tears swelled up in my eyes. I felt so spiritual, so happy, so overwhelmed with happiness. The spirit was so strong in me. I know David was there telling me good job. I enjoyed every second of training and of that race. It was harder than I have ever ran before, but I did it, and I loved it. My next goal is to do a half marathon in the year 2013. I love you David. Thank you for inspiring us all!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Tiffany, thank you. I'm so impressed with your running goals....maybe someday I'll be like you.

    ReplyDelete