Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Face the Future with Faith

I came across this conference talk given last year. Its funny how things take on a new meaning when life changing events take place. I'm noticing it in my scripture study as well as reading the conference talks and Ensign articles. I sure love the Lord and am so thankful for my parents who have taught me well, my siblings and their families who have been constant examples and supporters, and my husbands family who have been stalwart.

My favorite parts: "It is true. We live to die, and we die to live again. From an eternal perspective, the only death that is truly premature is the death of one who is not prepared to meet God... God’s holy angels are ever on call to help us. The Lord so declared: “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.” What a promise! When we are faithful, He and His angels will help us." "How you deal with life’s trials is part of the development of your faith. Strength comes when you remember that you have a divine nature, an inheritance of infinite worth.

The Lord has reminded you, your children, and your grandchildren that you are lawful heirs, that you have been reserved in heaven for your specific time and place to be born, to grow and become His standard bearers and covenant people. As you walk in the Lord’s path of righteousness, you will be blessed to continue in His goodness and be a light and a savior unto His people." "The greatest of all the blessings of the priesthood are bestowed in holy temples of the Lord. Fidelity to covenants made there will qualify you and your family for the blessings of eternal life. "Your rewards come not only hereafter.

Many blessings will be yours in this life, among your children and grandchildren. You faithful Saints do not have to fight life’s battles alone. Think of that! The Lord declared, “I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.” Later came this promise to His faithful people: “I, the Lord, would fight their battles, and their children’s battles, and their children’s children’s, … to the third and fourth generation."

Wow, I love that! When we (personally) are faithful, he will protect our children "to the third and fourth generation". I am thankful for living prophets who bring us spiritually inspiring words! What is your favorite part of this talk?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Liz, I love this line:
    "The greatest of all the blessings of the priesthood are bestowed in holy temples of the Lord."

    ReplyDelete