Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light



Last weekend I got to hear Brother Williams speak at a conference.  It was so inspiring for me to hear about his faith in and love for our Savior and Heavenly Father. 

He said that in that moment, when he realized his wife and children were gone, he was given the choice to forgive and let it go or to open the door to Satan by filling his heart with anger and despair, for Satan seeks for us all to be "miserable like unto himself", and he works tirelessly to take our peace from us.  Thankfully Brother Williams chose peace, I know that when we chose to forgive, we can be receptive to the promptings of the spirit and bring us the hope, peace and comfort we all need.

He told us that this week is the 5th anniversary of his family's passing.  I was glad to hear that he has remarried (to a young widow) and seems happy.  I know that some days it seems hard to imagine, but there are happier days ahead for each of us.  We will always miss David, but the pain won't be as deep and unbearable. 

He ended by singing the last verse of the beautiful hymn, "Come Thou Fount":
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, as a fetter
Bind my wand’ring heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it
Prone to leave the God I Love
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

Our family is forever bound together in love.  Brother Williams encouraged us to ask:  "What burden can I lay at the Lord's feet today that He might work miracles in my life?"  An interesting question to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment