Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Thought for Thursday

I finally read "The Birth We Call Death" by Paul H. Dunn last weekend. It was a quick and easy read, loved it. I bought my own copy and underlined the heckoutofit. I'm tempted to post the entire book here, but thinking it may be a bit much. So instead, I'll just give little quotes and snippets once a week. The book itself is filled with quotes from other various authors, prophets, and "sages" so some of the quotes I list will be from Elder Dunn and some will be from other people. Enjoy -

"In a beautiful blue lagoon on a clear day, a fine sailing-ship spreads its brilliant white canvas in a fresh morning breeze and sails out to the open sea. We watch her glide away magnificently through the deep blue and gradually see her grow smaller and smaller as she nears the horizon. Finally, where the sea and sky meet, she slips silently from sight; and someone near me says, "There, she is gone!

"Gone where? Gone from sight - that is all. She is still as large in mast and hull and sail, still just as able to bear her load. And we can be sure that, just as we say, "There, she is gone!" another says, "There, she comes!" ~ author unknown

Along the same lines, comes this quote

"Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come." ~Rabindranath Tagore

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing Brianne. I still haven't read this book but it sounds like I really need to! I love thinking about how now that David's life here is over, he knows so much more about everything than we do! Truly, for him, the dawn has come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops, i didnt realize i was logged in as brianne....I made that post, but owell :) everyone in our family needs to read to book - it was different than "The Gateway We Call Death", its worth reading both.

    ReplyDelete