Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

For days when you just need to jam again.


I don't know about you guys, but every time I hear this song on the radio, it gives me power. I suddenly feel like my burden is lifted and I can do anything. It honestly gives me strength and hope for the future.

Even though this song is technically about some stupid breakup, and it's not even close to a spiritual message, I hope it's okay that I posted this song here. I think it is- mostly because I'm constantly reminded of the message that "it's okay to be happy". It's okay to find yourself dancing in the car alone again, and want to sing at the top of your lungs.

Even when we all struggle through the trials that we are all suffering on this earth we can remember that this is making a stronger, better person. We are all developing into people with better perspectives on life, family and happiness.

What brings you guys happiness and strength?
(besides the obvious answers- i.e. gospel and family)
What in your every day life makes you glad that you are still living?
(Maybe it's something as simple as the cinnamon rolls you had for breakfast)
What has been making you look on the bright side?
(Hey! The snow hasn't been sticking all winter! woot!)

It's okay to be sad sometimes. But we can't forget to be happy either.

3 comments:

  1. GOOD ONE :) ooops sry caps! im gonna have to think about this one for a bit. thanks for posting - sometimes we need a pick-me-up and a reminder to be happy. thanks lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Moving on is so hard but every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think David would also want us to be happy with little things in life. He sure was! :)

    ReplyDelete