Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

For David... from Aunt Kriss

From Kriss:  

I was trying to decide if I should run in the 5 K race back East in New Berne.  I had decided not to put that stress into my life.


However, when we were challenged to do a service for David, I decided that the run would be the perfect thing.  The race was supporting 10 local charities for New Berne, North Carolina.  I entered it in David's name.  I wore a sign on my back that said "David Kenney: 1979-2011".  While I was running, I had several comments like...  "Go David!  Keep it Up!".  When I was feeling tired and I was tempted to "stroll" during the race, I would think of David's determination in life... and pick up the speed.  There were 19 women running in my age category (60-64) and I was amazed when I won the 2nd place medal!

Ed wrote "David" in big letters on the back of his legs for the half marathon race.  He finished 3rd in his category!  During the race, One of the other runners told Ed "David is my inspiration! I just want to keep up with him."  We decided that would be a good motto for all of us.  If we can just "keep up" with the attributes that David had, and be the kind of person David was, we will feel that we have lived our lives well.

Love, Aunt Kriss


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kriss and Ed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for honoring Dave this way. I'm sure he is very happy!

    ReplyDelete